‘Nothing about ME without ME’
- Do you need a model of support that ensures teams promote inclusion, choice, participation and independence in everyday activities for the people they are supporting?
- Do you need support in turning those Person Centred Plans into Person Centred Action?
- Would you and the people your organisation supports, benefit from your team working better together in a structured way?
- Are you struggling with showing and monitoring outcomes?
Active Support is a set of tools which enable staff to guide people who need support, to learn new skills and/or participate more in every day activities. The model has been extensively evaluated with results proving:
- An increase of 94% in engagement of people supported in meaningful activities
- Increase of 300% in assistance from staff
- Increases not just in participation at home but also in the community and in choice-making (e.g. ironing up from 3% to 22%, gardening up from 9% to 62%)
- Decrease of 24% in repetitive/self-stimulatory behaviour
- Decrease of 53% in self-injurious behaviour.
For information on in-house training opportunities, or follow up coaching and support please contact Leslie-Anne Newton (tel: 028 9038 0962)