ARC sits on a number of externally facilitated meetings representing the learning disability sector to ensure the increased voice of the provider and people who use services.
- All Party Group for Learning Disability, hosted by Chris Lyttle. This meeting at Stormont enables issues to be profiled with Politicians which are negatively impacting on people with a learning disability.
- Belfast Day Opportunities Project Implementation Team, facilitated by Belfast Health & Social Care Trust. This group was convened in response to the recent NI-wide Day Opportunities Review and is responsible for overseeing the implementation of moving from traditional statutory based provision to include more diverse opportunities with individuals having more choice.
- Learning Disability Health Care & Improvement Steering Group, a Public Health Authority initiative looking at reducing health inequalities experienced by the learning disability population.
- Northern Ireland Adult Safeguarding Panel, facilitated by the Health & Social Care Board. This multi-agency group is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Action Plan to ensure adequate safeguards are in place for vulnerable adult’s cross-sector.
- Workforce Development Partnership facilitated by Northern Ireland Social Care Council. This multi-agency group is exploring who the social care workforce is, the skills required to carry out social care roles and how these roles may evolve in the future.
If you would have particular views that should be heard by these forums please contact the office on 028 9038 0960.