ARC's Vision is
To achieve real change that puts people with a learning disability, autism, or other additional support needs at the centre of decision-making, and in the heart of their communities.
People with a learning disability, autism, or other additional support needs, and their families
Everyone involved in the provision of support for people and their families. This includes those who plan, provide, commission, develop policies and regulate support and services.
ARC believes that:
People who need support should:
- be fully included in all decisions that affect them
- be involved in the planning and delivery of support services
- have opportunities to become self-advocates and lead real change in their services and communities
Those who commission, plan, deliver and regulate support should:
- be supported in developing person-centred values and models of support
- have access to the knowledge, experience and skills they need to continually learn, reflect and improve what they do
ARC's Mission is:
To create opportunities to enable new thinking to improve practice, policy and people’s lives. Everything we do is shaped and informed by the voices of people with lived experiences.
- Support and develop
We improve practice by providing training that develops people’s awareness of rights and entitlements.
- Connect and Liaise
We change thinking by facilitating networks that make connections and share experiences between professionals, people who need support and their families.
- Influence and Voice
We challenge systems that can improve people’s lives by championing the voices of people with lived experiences and those who plan and deliver their support.
You will find more information on how this strategic vision is being delivered across the UK, as well as information on how to join or support our organisation, on our websites.
ARC England: www.arcengland.org.uk
ARC Scotland: www.arcscotland.org.uk
ARC Northern Ireland: www.arcuk.org.uk/northernireland