Welcome to Association for Real Change
Association for Real Change is a leading umbrella body representing service providers in the learning disability sector – our purpose is to improve the quality of life for people who have a learning disability by supporting anyone who is involved in the planning or delivery of support and services.
We provide a range of services such as high quality information, networking opportunities, learning disability training, qualifications, publications, and Disclosure checks.
Association for Real Change is committed to promoting best practice within the learning disability sector and we work with others such as the Department of Health, Skills for Care, Big Lottery Fund and Comic Relief through a range of projects.
- Mock Tribunal Event, York – 8th September 2016 on September 8, 2016 10:00 am
- Mock Tribunal Event – Loughborough, 19th September 2016 on September 19, 2016 10:00 am
- Recruitment and Selection Skills in Social Care, 11 October 2016, Leeds on October 11, 2016 1:20 pm
- Mock Tribunal Event, London – 18th October 2016 on October 18, 2016 1:30 am
- Mock Tribunal Event, Crediton – 1st November 2016 on November 1, 2016 10:00 am
- Recruitment and Selection Skills in Social Care, 8 November 2016, Manchester on November 8, 2016 9:30 am
- Public Health England – Obesity and weight management guidance
- Supporting people to develop relationships – report from NDTI
- People with Learning Disabilities and the Criminal Justice System Guide
- CQC guidance – what to expect from a good care service
- Helping Each Other: Sexual Exploitation project Training Materials
- Speak up for Autism project
07 April 2016 11:26 AM | No Comments
ARC England has just completed a joint project, funded by Skills for Care's Workforce Development Innovation Fund (WDIF), with the 'Speak up for Autism' group.Read More
- People with learning disabilities in the Criminal Justice System
08 March 2016 9:38 AM | No Comments
ARC's Lottery funded 'People with Learning Disabilities in the Criminal Justice System' guide will be launched at a free event in Launceston, Cornwall on 26 April 2016. Booking essential.Read More
- Creating an Ordinary Life – Active Support Project
12 May 2015 6:34 PM | No Comments
Three year personalisation project to help providers embed a person-centred approach in the support provided to people with learning disabilities and behaviour which challenges services.Read More
- Helping Each Other
02 March 2015 12:38 PM | No Comments
Three year project supporting a small number of young people with learning disabilities. The Devon ‘Helping Each Other’ teams would like to invite you to their end of project celebration event in March 2016.Read More
- Speak up for Autism project
The Mock Tribunal is based on a real-life scenario and will give you and your staff the opportunity to witness a true to life representation of a Tribunal hearing. York, Loughborough, London and Crediton
Bookings for our Supporting Medication: Train the Trainer workshop on 25 August 2016 in Chesterfield are now open!
Download your free guide for family carers and learning disability services.
2016 Event Bookings now available. All staff who have roles as Assessors, Internal Verifiers and Quality Assurers MUST attend Standardisation events annually.
Download the free resources from ARC’s Helping Each Other project.
Our four core values are our guiding principles, which will shape all our actions. Striving for excellence in all that we do, we will make sure: We are clear about […]
Our vision as one of the largest umbrella bodies representing service providers in the learning disability sector, is to be the first choice for: Providers across all sectors including the public, […]
Our beliefs: We believe that everyone should be treated equally and, as unique individuals, everyone makes valuable contributions to society. We believe that person centred values and models of support […]
We have identified four strategic aims where we will focus our attention and resources to achieve Real Change. These aims are informed by a significant shift in our strategic direction, […]
ARC offer an online service for DBS and AccessNI checks and a paper-based service for Scotland’s PVG Scheme, supporting employers throughout the UK to carry out criminal record checks.
Providing training packages and qualifications relevant to the learning disability and health and social care sectors.
Providing information to members in a variety of ways including e-newsletters.
Training products and services tailor-made to meet your individual organisational needs.