Welcome to Association for Real Change
Association for Real Change is a leading umbrella body representing service providers in the learning disability sector – our purpose is to improve the quality of life for people who have a learning disability by supporting anyone who is involved in the planning or delivery of support and services.
We provide a range of services such as high quality information, networking opportunities, learning disability training, qualifications, publications, and Disclosure checks.
Association for Real Change is committed to promoting best practice within the learning disability sector and we work with others such as the Department of Health, Skills for Care, Big Lottery Fund and Comic Relief through a range of projects.
- Enabling Environments for Communication on May 5, 2016 9:30 am
- Supporting Medication: Train the Trainer – Croydon – 10 May 2016 on May 10, 2016 9:30 am
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Workshop – 12 May 2016 – Coventry on May 12, 2016 9:30 am
- Self-harm and People with Learning Disabilities Awareness – 12 May 2016 – Birmingham on May 12, 2016 9:30 am
- Mate Crime Workshop – 18 May 2016 -Devon on May 18, 2016 9:30 am
- Understanding Diversity in Learning Disability Services – 18 May 2016 – Birmingham on May 18, 2016 10:00 am
- Care Certificate Workplace Assessment Workshop – 19 May 2016 – Shrewsbury on May 19, 2016 9:30 am
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Workshop – 26 May 2016 – Devon on May 26, 2016 9:30 am
- Delivering Quality Services in Social Care on June 1, 2016 9:30 am
- Supporting Medication: Train the Trainer – Leicester – 8 June 2016 on June 8, 2016 9:30 am
- Schedule of expected health appointments for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Personal Health Budgets – practical guides
- Dementia and People with Intellectual Disabilities – guidance
- NICE guideline – Transferring from hospital to home
- Together for Short Lives – Young Person’s Guide to Personal Budgets in England,
- Speak up for Autism project
07 April 2016 11:26 AM | No Comments
ARC England has just completed a joint project, funded by Skills for Care's Workforce Development Innovation Fund (WDIF), with the 'Speak up for Autism' group.Read More
- People with learning disabilities in the Criminal Justice System
08 March 2016 9:38 AM | No Comments
ARC's Lottery funded 'People with Learning Disabilities in the Criminal Justice System' guide will be launched at a free event in Launceston, Cornwall on 26 April 2016. Booking essential.Read More
- Creating an Ordinary Life – Active Support Project
12 May 2015 6:34 PM | No Comments
Three year personalisation project to help providers embed a person-centred approach in the support provided to people with learning disabilities and behaviour which challenges services.Read More
- Helping Each Other
02 March 2015 12:38 PM | No Comments
Three year project supporting a small number of young people with learning disabilities. The Devon ‘Helping Each Other’ teams would like to invite you to their end of project celebration event in March 2016.Read More
- Speak up for Autism project
Book your trainer on one of our Supporting Medication Train the Trainer courses now!
Book your place now on the MCA & DoLS workshops to help your staff understand how they impact people who have a learning disability and those supporting them within your services.
Seize your chance to do something extraordinary…. A £5,000 pot of funding is available to all ARC England members courtesy of Real Life Options. Closing date for applications is 29th April 2016.
Getting Started with the Care Certificate Distance Learning and Workbook Pack available now!
Three year project supporting a small number of young people with learning disabilities. The Devon ‘Helping Each Other’ teams would like to invite you to their end of project celebration event in March 2016.
Our four core values are our guiding principles, which will shape all our actions. Striving for excellence in all that we do, we will make sure: We are clear about […]
Our vision as one of the largest umbrella bodies representing service providers in the learning disability sector, is to be the first choice for: Providers across all sectors including the public, […]
Our beliefs: We believe that everyone should be treated equally and, as unique individuals, everyone makes valuable contributions to society. We believe that person centred values and models of support […]
We have identified four strategic aims where we will focus our attention and resources to achieve Real Change. These aims are informed by a significant shift in our strategic direction, […]
Access NI moves to online checks!
Supporting employers throughout the UK to carry out the full range of criminal record checks.
Providing training packages and qualifications relevant to the learning disability and health and social care sectors.
Providing information to members in a variety of ways including e-newsletters.
Training products and services tailor-made to meet your individual organisational needs.