Articles in the news
Published by Learning Disability Today Magazine November 2009 Issue
This is a feature about the Safety Net Project from the Learning Disability Today Magazine. The article raises awareness of mate crime and discusses what the project was working on at the time.
- Read the article from Learning Disability Today magazine (Nov 09)
The Guardian September 2010
This article looks at the case of Steven Hoskin and the work that the Safety Net project is doing to increase awareness of mate crime and how to stay safe.
- Read the article about Safety Net from the Guardian newspaper (Sept 10)
The Halifax Evening Courier October 2010
This article looks at the Safety Net project and the work in the Calderdale area.
- Read the article about Safety Net from the Halifax Evening Courier (Oct 10)
Learning Disability Newsletter
Safety Net on the Radio
- A Calderdale Phoenix Radio interview with Sarah, Michael and David. This is about 30 minutes long.
- Devon Leads Fight Against Mate Crime. This is a radio interview with Rod Landman on Heart FM. This is about 5 minutes long. Find out more and listen to the interview on the Heart FM website.
Safety Net on Radio 4
- Rod Landman, Project Offficer has appeared on BBC Radio 4 in July 2012 raising awareness about mate crime.
- See BBC News article ‘Mate crime’: Fake friend abuse that can end in murder for further details
Safety Net on the TV
- Rod Landman, Project Officer, and Jacqui Bell, CEO of ARC were interviewed on Central News about the project and mate crime in August 2012. Find out more by watching the video clip.