Our Philosophy – Our Beliefs
Everyone is unique. Everyone can make valuable contributions to society.
The Association for Real Change champions equal human rights for all and defends the right to freedom, respect, protection, equality, and self determination. Everyone should be treated with dignity in their daily lives and all services must promote this principle.
- We believe that everyone should be treated equally and, as unique individuals, everyone makes valuable contributions to society.
- We believe that person centred values and models of support are the best way to improve people’s quality of life.
- We believe that everyone should have the support they need to be included in their local community
- We believe that people should have the opportunity to be involved in how their support is planned and delivered at both a local and national level.
- We believe that everyone who plans or delivers support should have access to the knowledge, experience and skills they need to continually improve what they do.
- We believe that people’s quality of life can be improved by supporting those who plan and deliver support to work effectively in partnership with each other and with the people they support.
- We believe in the capacity of those who plan and deliver support to continually reflect and change their practice to improve what they do.
- We believe that people are best placed to make informed choices about how they live their lives.