The ARC (NI) Conference is back and we are now accepting proposals for workshops.
Focusing on the issue of recruitment and retention within Social Care this conference will:
- Understand what people want from the social care workforce
- Explore the key issues for providers recruiting and retaining staff
- Understand the regional strategy supporting workforce planning
- Explore what methods are and aren’t working
- Showcase best practice in achieving positive outcomes
In addition to a number of keynote presentations, we wish to offer a wide range of workshops.
The themes of workshops should focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Lessons learnt from different approaches to finding new people
- Lessons learnt in how to keep great people
- Innovative methods of recruitment and retention.
Anyone interested in facilitating a workshop of 60 minutes is asked to forward a brief proposal on the attached form. All workshops should take account of the conference aims and focus on sharing good practice ‘real-life’ experiences. We also welcome workshop proposals delivered in partnership with people supported and/or family carers, where appropriate. Each workshop should have no more than 3 facilitators in total.
This is an opportunity for you to share innovations and best practice across the sector.
Informal enquiries are welcome by contacting Leslie-Anne Newton, ARC (NI) office, Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast BT12 6TA (tel:028 9038 0960).
 Each workshop will receive one free day place at the conference (9.00 am – 5.00 pm).