Wednesday 30th & Thursday 31st May 2018
Supporting Medication in Social Care settings supports participants to recognise and follow the correct ways of supporting the use of medication. All the training material used meets the Knowledge learning outcomes of the QCF unit ‘HSC 3047 Support use of medication in Social Care’. Each participant completing the two day course will have refreshed their own knowledge and understanding of the training pack learning outcomes and have a comprehensive training pack to deliver in house training.
This course will be delivered in line with RQIA standards, specifically the standard relating to the management of medicines which states that ‘The management of medicines is in accordance with legislative requirements, professional standards and DHSSPS guidance’.
By the end of the course the learners will:
- understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings
- understand the roles and responsibilities in the use of medication is social care settings
- understand the common types of medication and their use
- discuss techniques for administering medication
- understand the process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely
- understand how to promote the rights of the individual and support use of medication
- understand how to record and report on the use of medication.
cost ARC Members £245.00 | Non-Members £375.00
Location ARC NI Offices