Putting Deprivation of Liberty (DoL) Requirements into Practice (Level 3)
Thursday 6th February 2020
Friday 7th February 2020
This one-day Department of Health approved Level 3 training is designed to give participants a full working knowledge of the provisions regarding DoLs in order to implement good practice in relation to people who may lack capacity. The session is divided into 2 sections. The first deals with the context of DoLs within the legal framework of the Mental Capacity Act (NI) 2016. The second section seeks to apply the provisions of the Act in practice through learning from case studies.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- understand the legal and social context of DoLs including provisions in the transition period from the Mental Health (NI) Order 1986 to full implementation of the Mental Capacity Act (NI) 2016
- learn what a DoL is, to whom it may apply and under what circumstances
- understand the 5 Principles in the Act that apply to DoLs
- understand the Protection from Liability as it applies to anyone enacting a DoL
- learn about the principles of good assessment of capacity or lack of capacity
- learn how to enact good ‘best interest’ decisions in relation to a person assessed a lacking capacity.
Progress: Upon completion participants can progress to the Department of Health’s Mental Capacity Act: Deprivation of Liberty (Level 4)
Cost: ARC NI Voluntary & Private Members £85 | Statutory Providers & Non-Members £105
Location: ARC NI office, Wildflower Way, Belfast BT12 6TA
Incomplete forms will be returned, which may result in you losing your booking as places are allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
A 100% Cancellation Charge will apply to participants who fail to attend on the day.