A new ARC England live online workshop which will ensure a high quality and consistent approach to the handling of medication across your organisation.
Wednesday 10 November 2021
10.00 am – 12.30 pm
virtual course offered via Zoom
NICE say that ‘Care workers completing [Medication] training should be observed and supervised by a competent person in advance of administering medication for the first time. This should be an occupationally-competent person working for the provider, not an external trainer.
Managers, supervisors and assessors are responsible for judging the competence of their care workers’ ability to safely administer medication for people who use the service.’
Managing medicines for adults receiving social care in the community, March 2017
But what is an ‘occupationally-competent’ person? And what assessment skills do they need?
This new ARC England workshop is aimed at managers, supervisors and assessors, equipping them with the skills, knowledge and confidence to assess the competence of others.
By the end of this half-day online workshop learners will know:
- The relevant points of legislation and guidance surrounding supporting the use of medication in social care settings.
- The policies and procedures that should be in place in your organisation.
- The medication training requirements for staff working in the sector.
- How to assess the competency of your staff to administer, and support the use of, medication
- How to ensure consistency of approach across your organisation
Training consists of a live interactive 2.5 hour online workshop led by our experienced trainers Rod Landman and Angie DeLiddiard, featuring small group work, discussions and Q&A.
This workshop is especially suited to being delivered as an in-house event exclusively for all the assessors in one service because it will ensure standardisation and consistency of practice across your organisation. Please contact Training Co-ordinator Denise Adams for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the context of this workshop is learning within the administration of medication, the learning can be applied to assessment throughout your training function.
Learning is based on:
- the role of an effective workplace assessor and requirements of an expert witness (NOS Assessing performance in Health and social care: SCDHSC3120) (Skills for Care and Development Assessment Principles 4.5)
- the knowledge requirements of NOS Standard 9: assessing learner achievement.
To find out more please contact one of our experienced trainers:
Angie Deliddiard E: email@example.com
Rod Landman E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- £90 (ARC Members)
- £120 (Non-members)
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC online training booking form 2021
- Email it to email@example.com
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043 (Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible)