Active Support is a model of support that shows staff how to support people with learning disabilities to take the lead in functional and meaningful activities, within their own lives – staff essentially becoming enablers not carers.
For people with complex needs, behaviours that challenge and people with autism, services need to be organised in a way which means people can exercise choice and control.
Active Support is also the pre-cursor to good Positive Behaviour Support – they complement each other perfectly.
- The history of Active Support
- Providing support that promotes participation and engagement
- Looking for opportunities to engage people in meaningful activities at home and in their community
- Simple ways of monitoring staff support
- How to embed Active Support within your team
Association For Real Change
10a Marsden Street
£80 (ARC Member)
including a light buffet lunch
For more information about this, or any other workshops we offer, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043