Due to the demand we have now arranged a further presentation and discussion event Promoting Active Engagement in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Please see the ARC Events pages for details.
What is Active Support?
Active Support is an evidence based model of support that shows staff how to support people with intellectual disabilities to be more engaged and included in everyday activities that make up ‘an ordinary life’.
Active Support is a person-centred approach of support for people with learning disabilities and behaviour which challenges services.
- supports people to have an ordinary life
- promotes inclusion, independence and choice in everyday activities
- improves staff team confidence and morale
- turns person-centred support into person-centred action
- supports services to show quality of life outcomes.
See ARC Events for further details or contact Liz Soames:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01246 555 043