This is the fifth in a series of joint events being held by the Association for Real Change and Real Life Options for sector colleagues. RLO is proud to sponsor this conference as part of the ongoing celebration of its 20th Anniversary of supporting people with a learning disability.
Wednesday 3 July 2013
10.00am – 3.30pm
173-177 Euston Road
London NW1 2BJ
Less money is the reality most providers are having to face
Better outcomes is what most providers want to provide
Is it possible to square these two huge pressures and still have sound person-centred values?
This event is intended to provide an opportunity to explore these issues through the experience of a wide range of big, small, private, not-for-profit and direct employer perspectives.
Speakers for the day will be:
- Brian Hutchinson – CEO, Real Life Options
- Wendy Perez – a leading self-advocate and disability activist
- Peter Kinsey – CEO, Care Management Group
- Steve Piper – Managing Director, The Care Division
- Alex Fox – CEO, Shared Lives Plus
- Jacqueline Bell – CEO, Association for Real Change
- Robert Longley Cook – CEO, Hft
- Tony Pearson – Director of HR, Real Life Options
- Technology: Care on the Cheap? – Steve Barnard, Hft
- Acquiring the principles of positive change – Tony Pearson, RLO
- Shared problems – Shared solutions – Shared Lives! – Alex Fox, Shared Lives Plus
- Responding Positively to Winterbourne View – Peter Kinsey, CMG
Question time with David Brindle of The Guardian
- The final part of the event will be question time, chaired by David Brindle, Public Services Editor, The Guardian where attendees will get to ask the questions they want and make the points they think are important.
Entry is only £75.00 with second and subsequent bookings at a 50% discount.
All monies raised will be donated to a small learning disability service provider selected by the Association for Real Change, to support innovative project work.
- Download this booking form and return it via post or alternatively email it to email@example.com making your preferred choices for the workshops.
For further information regarding the conference, please contact Yvonne Furze:
- Email: Yvonne.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01246 555 043