Express your interest in a new one-day course for staff supporting people with a learning disability through loss and bereavement
The concepts of loss and bereavement and how they affect people with learning disabilities can be anxiety-provoking subjects for support staff. There is good evidence that people with a learning disability are particularly vulnerable to its effects. We are therefore pleased to be offering a new one-day course to give staff more confidence to identify grief and unresolved loss, and the opportunity to discuss practical solutions to support people who are grieving.
This one-day workshop will cover the following concepts and exercises:
- Terminology discussion
- Different losses in the lives of people with Learning Disabilities
- Learning from personal experiences of loss
- Models of understanding the process of grief
- Complicated grief
- The importance of funerals
- Specific complications in grieving for people with Learning Disabilities
- Practical solutions to support people through grief
- £80 (ARC Member)
- £95 (Non-member)
We are now taking expressions of interest: if you are interested in a workshop in your area please let us know, via the contact details below.
For more information about this, or any other workshops we offer, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043