MCA and DoLS – Are you and your team confident when it comes to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards?
During the CQC ‘State of Care’ launch, it was revealed: “Safety is our biggest concern – factors include staffing levels, understanding and reporting safeguarding concerns and poor medicines management.”
Using discussion, debate and case studies the workshop will cover the following:
- Increasing awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Understanding how the Act impacts people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Understanding how the Safeguards impact on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Recent developments
- Knowing where to access further sources of advice and support in relation to the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Discussion, debate and case studies
“Great course, very enjoyable. I’ve learnt a lot and will be able to disseminate to staff.”
“Very enjoyable, worthwhile and informative; the day went very quickly and I was engaged throughout.”
“This course will significantly inform my teaching with student nurses in the future.”
Costs: (including a light buffet lunch)
- £80 (ARC members)
- £95 (Non-members)
Did you know?
This workshop is available on an in-house basis? You can hire one of our trainers to come into your organisation and train up to 15 people per session. For the flat rate of £625 (ARC Members) or £725 (Non-Members) plus trainer’s expenses, we can deliver bespoke training at a time most convenient to you. To discuss this option, please contact us.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043