Transitions: is there anybody out there? Ensuring great transitions for young people with learning disabilities
Booking open now!!!
Venue: The Vassall Centre, Bristol
Date: 30th June 2015
Times 10:30am – 3:30pm
The third in ARC England’s series of events, in partnership with Real Life Options, to raise awareness of the implications of the Care Act amongst providers of support.
Speaker and workshops include:
- Introduced by Anthea Sully – Interim Chief Executive, ARC and Head of Public Policy at Real Life Options
- Chair – Lisa Lenton – Director of ARC England
- Keynote speaker – Phillip Anderson – Senior Policy Manager, Department of Health
- Rod Landman – ARC Project Officer, ‘Helping Each Other Project’ – funded by Comic Relief and supporting young people with learning disabilities, who have experienced sexual exploitation, to develop their skills as trainers
- Liz Wood – Locality Operations Manager, Devon County Council
- Gemma Easom (Transition Coordinator) and Melissa Lawson (Transitions Development Manager) – National Autistic Society, ‘Preparing for Adulthood’
- James Robinson – Policy Officer, Mencap
- Debbie Charman – Policy and Involvement Manager, Carers Support Centre – ‘The Care Act, Transitions and Carers – advice for providers’
- Christine Burke and Keith Bates, Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities – ‘When I Grow Up’ project – raising the aspirations of gaining employment amongst people with learning disabilities.
- Helena Harris – Director of Operations, Papworth Trust
- Insane Logic – providing solutions for those who support people with communication difficulties
ARC Members – £40.00 • Non-Members – £55.00
Feedback from previous ARC conference attendees:
“A thoroughly enjoyable day, well organised, well attended – I gained a lot of knowledge. Thank you”.
“Fantastic suggestions and enhancements to peoples lives, opportunities and capabilities”.
“Excellent day – our motivation has increase 100 fold”.
To book your place please complete and return the downloadable booking form.
For more information please contact:
- Esther Oddy, Membership and Communications Officer
- Email: Esther.Oddy@arcuk.org.uk
- Tel: 01246 555043