Congratulations and good luck to ARC members and other nominees!
After being inundated by nominations the search to find the category winners of the third National Learning Disabilities & Autism Awards is almost complete. Shortlisted finalists were invited to attend the judging day which was hosted by Weightmans Solicitors in Birmingham, bringing together the crème de la crème of the social care workforce who support people with autism or a learning disability. Judges represented all corners of the sector, all of whom commented on the high standard of candidates and the difficult job to find the category winners.
The Awards, which are being organised by Care Talk magazine in association with The Voluntary Organisation Disabilities Group (VODG), will take place on 14th July 2016 at the prestigious ICC in Birmingham.
Lisa Lenton, ARC England Director, has been invited this year to present the award for ‘The Employer of People with a Disability’ and we are also very proud to see the following ARC members receive nominations:
- ‘Frontline Leaders Award’ – Dom Dyer (Affinity Supporting People)
- ‘Breaking Down Barriers Award’ – Sarah Wiest (Nottingham Community Housing Association) and The Avalink Committee (Avalon Group)
- ‘The Employer Award Ind’ – Denise Doggett (Frontier Support Services) and Laura and Greg Richardson-Cheater (The Richardson Partnership for Care)
- ‘The Making a Difference Award’ – Paula Allcroft (Livability), Kate Todd (Cream Care) and The Staff Team (Trident Reach)
- ‘The Newcomer Award’ – Silvana Duggan (Affinity Supporting People) Edward Warwick (Community Integrated Care) and Shay Mullis (The Fremantle Trust)
- ‘The Sporting Chance Award’ – Amy Webster (National Autistic Society)
- ‘The Support Worker Award’ – Matthew Armstrong (Affinity Supporting People)
- ‘The Trainer Award’ – Emma Jones (National Autistic Society)