Prevalence of epilepsy is estimated to lie between 15% and 30% among people with learning disabilities.
Seizures can be unpredictable and quick, effective treatment can be lifesaving. Beyond seizures, epilepsy can have a profound impact on the lives of sufferers, leaving them in need of emotional as well as practical support and often being reliant on additional medications.
This half-day training course aims to increase theoretical and practical knowledge to enable those attending to effectively manage epilepsy.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Define relevant terminology
- Describe the main causes of epilepsy
- Describe the main types epilepsy
- List the common triggers of seizures
- Consider the risks and benefits of common anti-epileptic drugs
- Know what to do in the event of a seizure
- Explain the importance of keeping accurate records
- Identify ways to minimise risks associated with seizures
- Appreciate the psychosocial effects of epilepsy on a person
- £40 (ARC Member)
- £50 (Non-member)
Did you know?
This workshop is available on an in-house basis? You can hire our highly knowledgable trainers to come into your organisation and train up to 15 people per session. To discuss this option, please contact us.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043