Ethnicity Training: an introduction to cultural competency
This is a one-day delivered course for organisations that wish to understand about cultural diversity; move towards cultural competence and raise cultural awareness.
The course takes learners through the first steps to becoming culturally competent in the work place. The course covers:
- Your own values
- The background to why core skills in cultural competence are needed
- Treating all people as unique and equal individuals
- Being aware of cultural values when communicating
- Being aware of a person’s cultural background when supporting them
- Being aware of the need to ensure your service is accessible to all ethnic groups
- Ensuring the individual is clear about an agreed plan of action.
- Changes that can be made in your working practice.
This course is aimed at a maximum of 15 learners, the day is a standard 9.30am – 4.30pm day.
Our specialist trainer will visit your organisation and deliver this course to your staff.
Understanding Cultural Diversity is available as: