LIMITED AVAILABILITY FOR LONDON AND CHESTERFIELD EVENTS, BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
Our programme of events for the summer 2013 are currently being planned, if you are interested in attending one of our events or would like to run an event at your organisation, we would be pleased to hear from you.
It is a QCA (Qualifications and Curriculum Authority), Ofqual (Office of Qualifications Standards and Examinations Regulation), CCEA for Northern Ireland (Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment) and Awarding Body requirement that all assessors, internal verifiers and quality assurers attend annual standardisation events.
Each year Association for Real Change hold a series of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/Standardisation events at venues across the UK facilitated by Association for Real Change Development Officers.
It is very important that staff who have roles as Assessors and Internal Verifiers/Quality Assurers, attend standardisation annually to maintain the currency of their practice and demonstrate their compliance with the Code of Practice in terms of continuing professional development and currency of practice. Those who can’t demonstrate current knowledge and practice are unable to assess or internally quality assure until they have attended a formal update.
This year’s events include:
- Best practice in assessment and internal quality assurance
- Awarding and Regulatory organisation requirements and guidance to QCF Centres, IQA’s and Assessors.
- Standardisation activities
These sessions are also a great opportunity to work with Assessors and Verifiers from other Organisations and to share good practice and knowledge, and we always include time for questions.
Association for Real Change is planning a number of sessions to take place around the UK in 2013. Courses will only run if there are sufficient participants to make them viable. Participants will be informed at least 3 weeks in advance of any cancellations.
It is best practice and beneficial to attend standardisation events with assessors from other organisations, but if it is difficult for your staff to access the planned events and you wish to have delivery at your own organisation, please contact us.
Here are just some of the positive comments we received from previous events:
- “All of the session worked well and couldn’t have been any better”
- “Enjoyed the group atmosphere and interaction between us”
- “Excellent discussion and excellent explanation, clear and concise”
- “Well planned session with exercises to take part in”
- “Great approach to the workshop, each person was encouraged to participate equally”
- “Great colourful, visual handouts”