An interactive course aimed at helping staff to move away from caring and towards enabling.
The Moving From Carer to Enabler Training course was developed following a Skills for Care funded project. It has been designed to be delivered by a single trainer or co-trained with an individual with a learning disability (Please note training and/or support may be required for the co-trainer). This course is designed to help staff move from their caring role to that of an enabler.
The Delivered course covers the following:
- Understanding the difference between caring and enabling
- Explaining why it is important to enable people with disabilities to live independent and inclusive lives
- The government initiatives that call for an enabling approach to service provision
- Knowing the attitudes and approaches that support the role of the enabler
- Knowing how to apply an enabling approach to your own work with the individual(s) you support
We can deliver this course at your organisation to a maximum of 15 people.
Moving From Carer to Enabler is also available as a Trainer’s Manual so that your organisation’s trainer can deliver the course at your organisation. The manual includes trainer’s timetable, guidance, slides and handouts for the day.
Costs for the Moving From Carer to Enabler course to be delivered in your organisation can be sent to you on request.
|Moving From Carer to Enabler Trainer’s Manual:
ARC Member £25 | Non-members £50