A one-day delivered course providing information to help staff understand the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and their implementation throughout the social care sector.
The training course is aimed at predominately front line staff, however, we can also provide training for managers upon request.
The training course will provide:
- Increased awareness of the Mental Capacity Act
- Understand how the Act impacts people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Understand how the Safeguards impact on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Recent developments
- Know where to access further sources of advice and support in relation to the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Discuss, debate, case studies
MCA and DoLS: Train the Trainer*
We now offer a Train the Trainer workshop which is suitable for experienced trainers employed by your organisation.
The one-day workshop, will equip your trainer to deliver high quality MCA and DoLS training to your staff. Through a series of activities, group discussions and comprehensive case studies, our highly knowledgeable trainer will take your staff through the MCA and DoLS materials whilst offering the additional information and advice needed to successfully deliver the course.
*Please note, this workshop is only suitable for employees of social care providers.
Please contact us for further details and to discuss your requirements.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01246 555043