For too long now, there has been a noticeable gap in qualifications available in health & social care at level 4.
A new diploma is now open for registration for those wanting to develop and practice the skills required for career progression.
Who is this qualification designed for?
This qualification is specifically designed for learners who work in health and social care in adult settings and want to develop skills and knowledge in order to demonstrate their competence in their role.
This qualification is for learners who are at least 18 years old. There are no formal entry requirements for learners but centres must ensure that learners have the skills, potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully.
The qualification has been produced by Skills for Care and employers in the health & social care industry.
To complete the Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (England) learners must achieve a minimum of 70 credits.
Alternatively, individual units may be accessed for continuing professional development.
This qualification covers a range of topics directly related to the knowledge and skills needed to work in health and social care, with adults.
Mandatory areas covered are:
· Advanced communication, equality and diversity in health and social care
· Safeguarding and protection
· Personal Development
· Person centred assessment and personalisation
· Health and safety
· Support planning
· Professional practice
· Working in partnership
· Use of records and reports
The wide range of optional units will allow them to cover areas such as:
· Independent Advocacy and awareness of the Mental Capacity Act
· Administration of medication to individuals with dementia
· Communication with individuals with dementia
· Sharing knowledge and good practice
· Monitoring in social care
· Promoting assistive technology
· Appraise staff performance
· Understand how to manage a team
· Understand professional supervision in practice.
This is a QCF qualification which is funded by Skills for Care by Workforce Development Funding.
The L4 Diploma in Adult Care handbook- May 15 v1.2 can be downloaded here.