The European Care Certificate (ECC) has been developed by several organisations including the Association for Real Change.
It was initially introduced as a pilot programme funded from the Leonardo Da Vinci funding stream of the European Commission.
An entry-level certificate in social care for Europe.
The ECC was designed to be an entry-level certificate in the care sector which would be recognised in different countries. The certificate shows that the worker has a basic understanding of social care. In time we hope that the ECC will become recognised throughout Europe – making the task of assessing European workers’ knowledge easier.
Starter Pack information:
The ECC Starter Pack has information on the certificate. It includes the following:
- What is the European Care Certificate (ECC) and why would I need it?
- How can I use the ECC?
- How can you become an ECC partner or delivery agent?
- The Basic European Social Care Learning Outcomes (BESCLO) FAQs
- A brief guide to working in the care sector in Austria, Romania, Belgium, Germany, Portugal, UK
- ECC future – expansion and further development.