ARC Scotland facilitates the Scottish Borders Providers Forum. This group has membership from provider organisations who deliver services to people with learning difficulties. The Local Authority and on occasion the NHS attend the meetings for part of the time to share information and discuss issues of mutual interest.
The Forum discusses a broad range of issues relevant to the delivery of high quality person centred services for people with a learning difficulty and to supporting people to lead the best possible lives. Those involved in planning, managing or delivering services to people with learning difficulties in the area are welcome to attend.
Aims and Outcomes of the Forum
The Borders Learning Disabilities Services Providers Group aim is to provide a forum to enable organisations which offer services to people with learning disabilities in the Scottish Borders to work together in order to contribute to the strategic development and quality of those services. The Group meetings will be used to:
- Work together to share good practice and live issues
- Provide an opportunity for working in partnership with health and social care colleagues
- Contribute to the strategic development planning process
- Improve the quality of health and social care services for people receiving support
- Develop and sustain high quality personalised services that promote well being, independence, resilience, involvement and inclusion
- Improve skills and knowledge in the work place
Forum Dates for 2017
All meetings take place at 10am – 1pm usually at Brothers of Charity offices, Triest House, Bridge Street, Galashiels
The Forum is chaired by one of the members of the group. The Chairperson is the source of contact for the Local Authority, NHS or anyone else who wishes to engage with the Forum. S/he will chair the Forum meeting, attend other groups and meetings, write letters and take other appropriate action on behalf of the Forum and it’s membership. The Chairperson is elected each year at the Annual Review meeting. The current Co Chairperson of the Forums are Lynne Jack – Real Life Options and Sandy Severs – Streets Ahead.
Information from the Providers Group meetings
Presentation given by Seaneen Williamson SOLD (Supporting Offenders with Learning Disabilities Network) – to download this document click here – Presentation for borders group
Guidelines on Support Planning
The Providers Group has launched Guidelines on Support Planning. There are three versions of these Guidelines, including an Accessible version and one which includes graphics. These documents were all updated in November 2011 to incorporate a stronger Outcomes Focus. See these documents below:
- Outcomes focused Guidelines for Borders
- Outcomes focused Support Plan Guidelines – Accessible Summary
- Some Information about Support Plans (final version with outcomes)
- W.I.N plan procedure (doc) An example of how the Guidelines are being used by one agency.
To view the Group Constitution please click here – Group Constition Final
To view the Final TOR for the Providers’ Group please click here – Final TOR for the Providers’ Group 040913 AF
ARC Scotland consulted with the Forums it supports to gather members views about the benefits of collaborate working. To view the Report – Working Together in Challenging Times – please click here – ARC local 5.6.15