The Aim of the Perth and Kinross Learning Disability Providers Forum is to increase the skills and capacity of provider organisations to improve the quality of life for people with learning disabilities in Perth and Kinross.
The Strategic Objectives to achieve this are:-
- To enable provider organisations and other stakeholders to work together and learn from each other.
- To support the Forum to produce a Work Plan that identifies local action needed to address key legislative and policy changes and the values that underpin them. We will particularly focus on Self Directed Support, and Keys to Life and Health and Social Care Integration.
- To support and facilitate partnerships between providers, Social Work (including Commissioning Teams), Health, Community Planning and Self Advocacy group to share information, learning and collaborative work.
- To share information and resources with Provider Forum members via emails and local information pages on the ARC Scotland website.
Representatives from Perth and Kinross Council regularly attend and contribute to, Forum meetings.
The Forum sets a work plan each year, outlining the priority areas that members want to work on and the outcomes they would like to achieve. This is reviewed and updated regularly at meetings.
The Forum also invites speakers on issues of relevance and organises occasional workshop and events to allow for fuller discussion, learning and development around specific themes.
The Forum is chaired by one of the members of the group, who is elected each year at the Annual Review meeting. The Chairperson is the source of contact for the Local Authority, NHS or anyone else who wishes to engage with the Forum. S/He will chair the Forum meeting, help to draw up the Agenda, attend other groups and meetings, write letters and take other appropriate action on behalf of the Forum and its membership.
ARC Scotland’s role
ARC Scotland provides a member of staff to facilitate the Forum, provide administrative support and ensure that the meetings help to meet the learning needs and issues identified by provider organisations.
It also supports the Chairs of Provider Forums to share learning, progress, shared Work Plan activities and feedback on the support provided by ARC Scotland.
All meetings will take place from 1pm – 4pm at the Fire Station in Perth.
2017 dates are:
- 2 March
- 1 June
- 7 September
- 7 December
Anyone with an interest in Learning Disability is welcome to attend.
Agenda for meetings –
- 10 March 2016 – Agenda 10 March 2016 Perth and Kinross Learning Disability PF
- 9 June 2016 – agenda-9-june-2016-perth-and-kinross-learning-disability-pf
- 8 September 2016 – agenda-8-september-2016-perth-and-kinross-learning-disability-pf
- 1 December 2016 – agenda-1-december-2016-perth-and-kinross-learning-disability-pf