ARC Scotland Assessment Centre Policies and Procedures
These are accessible to all candidates and a hard copy is provided in every portfolio. These are also preloaded onto e-portfolio’s. These inform candidates about what to expect from us and what we expect in return such as how appeals and complaints are dealt with, how we protect confidentiality and share information, and what action is taken in various situations.
Download files in Word.doc format
- Appeals Procedure
- Complaints Procedure
- Completion Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Funding Policy
- Plagarism Policy
- SSSC Codes of Practice (pdf)
Information and guidance on the assessment process
These documents explain the processes involved, who does what and how assessment takes place.
- Guidance for Direct Observations
- Guidance for Expert Witness
- Guidance for Witness Testimony
- Guidance for Reflective Writing
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Assessor
- Legislation SCQF 6, 7 and 9
- SQA Assessment Guidance (pdf)
- SQA Assessment Strategy (pdf)
Blank documentation and templates
These templates and forms are used in candidate portfolios. All portfolios are issued with blank examples but additional copies can be downloaded at any time if necessary.
This is particularly helpful for those candidates who prefer to save all their evidence electronically and email work to their assessor between visits.
If you are using an e-portfolio, it is not necessary to use the evidence gathering template. You can use an ordinary word document for typing reflecting accounts and for describing a product you want to upload. Your assessor will explain this.
Download files Word.doc format
- Candidate Induction Checklist
- Assessment Plan
- Evidence Gathering Form Matrix
- Evidence Omitted
- SVQ Index
- Candidate SQA Disclaimer
- ePortfolio Authenticity Statement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SVQ Registration Application Form
- Common Knowledge Assignment -Values and Attitudes
- Common Knowledge Assignment – Handling Information