Association for Real Change is a forward thinking National Charity with a dedication to promoting REAL CHANGE in the learning disability sector.
Our members are the key to achieving this.
What does Association for Real Change do?
Association for Real Change supports members in a multitude of ways. It provides access to information; services and advice; training and an enormous background of collective experience and practical knowledge applicable to everyday problems.
- We bring people together; our diverse community of member organisations have the opportunity to network, share good practice and get advice from each other.
- We provide quality information; including access to the members email forum for sharing best practice and guidance.
- We manage innovative projects; we regularly work in partnership with funders such as Skills for Care, the Department of Health and Big Lottery Fund.
- We help to build a skilled workforce: through training, developing qualifications and programmes and providing support
We offer a range of Services for Members:
- ARC UK Active Support Practice Development Service – bridging the gap between theory and practice in developing real person-centred approaches to support.
- Disclosure Service - carrying out full range of Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB), Disclosure Scotland (PVGS) and Access NI checks.
- Consultancy Services – Enabling members to draw upon ARC’s knowledge and expertise to improve their services
- ARC Information Service – Keeping members in touch with developments in the health and social care sector, learning disability and government.
- ARC Training Services – Providing quality training packages, programmes and the latest qualifications.
Joining Association for Real Change puts you in contact with organisations providing services to people with a learning disability throughout the UK.
We offer networking opportunities at local, regional and national level, through regional conferences, special interest groups, our national conference and the e-forum.
Association for Real Change has representatives on a range of bodies at both a local, regional and national level including Skills for Care, the Learning Disability Coalition, the Care Providers Alliance.
Association for Real Change’s representatives on these groups are charged with the task of seeking member views on relevant issues, and providing feedback where appropriate.