Trainer: Louise Hughes
This course is specifically aimed at newly appointed or relatively inexperienced staff, working in the learning disability sector. It aims to give participants a basic understanding of learning disability and how it impacts on people’s lives. The course will address standards of practice set by NISCC specifically, ‘Understanding the Principles of Care, including human rights and equality’.
By the end of the course learners will:
- understand the legislation and policies that support human rights and inclusion of individuals with learning disabilities
- understand the nature and characteristics of learning disability
- understand the historical context of learning disability
- understand the basic principles and practice of advocacy, empowerment and active participation in relation to supporting individuals with learning disability and their families
- understand how views and attitudes impact on the lives of individuals with a learning disability and their family carers
- understand how to promote communication with individuals and learning disabilities.
cost ARC Members £85.00 | Non-Members £105.00
Location ARC NI Offices