Trainer: Julie Hill
The aim of this training is to provide individuals with the skills and strategies to enable them to address difficult behaviour in the workplace and have courageous conversations. The course provides participants with the opportunity to work on their own work situation where they want to handle a behaviour more effectively, enabling them to leave the training equipped with some effective, practiced strategies for achieving a more successful outcome and/or equipped to have that courageous conversation. The course reflects NISCC Induction Standards specifically the role of the worker and communicating effectively.
By the end of the course learners will:
- consider the causes of difficult behaviour
- recognise how you perceive difficult people
- learn what it is that ‘triggers’ me
- recognise different behaviour types
- identify the best strategies and techniques for addressing a current difficult behaviour
- identify and manage own emotions in difficult situations
- develop listening skills to support working with difficult people
- develop assertiveness techniques to deal with difficult behaviours
- recognise how our relationship with conflict impacts on us and others in the workplace
- have that courageous conversation with their colleague/team member.
cost ARC Members £85.00 | Non-Members £105.00
Location ARC NI Offices