Trainer: Louise Hughes
This course is aimed at helping staff to support people with profound and multiple learning disabilities to communicate and express their own thoughts and ideas.
The course content reflects NISCC Induction Standard 4 ‘Communicate Effectively’ and RQIA Provider Guidance 2016-17 for Domiciliary Care Agencies; specifically Compassionate Care; Service users are listened to, valued and communicated with, in an appropriate manner.
By the end of the course learners will:
- explore the implications of failing to understand communication and how this can result in a complex range of behaviours that challenge
- explore language and communication difficulties: Developmental/Acquired
- be familiar with the range of ways in which people communicate without speech
- have an introduction to Active Support, Intensive Interaction, objects of reference and sensory referencing
- have an introduction to augmentative and alternative communication; including PECS and basic Makaton Signs.
cost ARC Members £85.00 | Non-Members £105.00
Location ARC NI Offices