Trainer: Suzanne McStravick
This course is designed to meet the standards required for assessment, support planning and associated risk in line with the Supporting People Quality Assessment Framework C1.1 Assessment and Support Planning. All course content reflects the standards developed by the Regulations and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA), with particular focus on standards referring to up to date assessment of need, up to date comprehensive plans and meaningful involvement at reviews. The standards of practice set by NISCC in relation to, ‘delivering person centred care’ will also be highlighted throughout the course.
By the end of the course learners will:
- understand the importance of a person centred approach to support assessment and support planning
- identify ways to include individuals who are supported to have full and meaningful involvement to enable choice, control and decision making
- have an understanding of risk, risk assessment and risk management appropriate to the individuals supported
- establish good review practice of support planning and risk enablement
- explore competency of staff in understanding and gaining knowledge of assessment and planning for support and risk management.
cost ARC Members £85.00 | Non-Members £105.00
Location ARC NI Offices