We would like to invite you to a presentation and discussion on Active Support and some of the difficulties associated with implementation.
2 October 2012
10.15am – 1.00pm
Fire and Rescue Service HQ, The Knowle, Clyst St George, Exeter EX3 ONW
What is Active Support?
Active Support is an evidence based model of support that shows staff how to support people with intellectual disabilities to be more engaged and included in everyday activities that make up ‘an ordinary life’.
Active Support is a person-centred approach of support for people with learning disabilities and behaviour which challenges services.
- supports people to have an ordinary life
- promotes inclusion, independence and choice in everyday activities
- improves staff team confidence and morale
- turns person-centred support into person-centred action
- supports services to show quality of life outcomes.
For further information and to book your place please contact Liz Soames, quoting ref: AS/SW2012
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01246 555 043