A guidance manual for providing culturally competent services for people with learning disabilities.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of cultural identity
- Cultural attitudes to learning disability
- The main religious beliefs found in the UK
- Issues to consider when commissioning services
- Real life stories and good practice examples
There are two resources (VHS/DVD) available to accompany this manual.
- VHS 1 – For families
- DVD 2 – For training staff
And a Family Handbook that details sources of information for people with learning disabilities from minority communities.
Services For All is available as:
|Guidance & Resources Ringbinder:
Non-members £45 | ARC Members £25
|Family Handbook Ringbinder:
Hard Copies £10
|VHS/DVD (1 or 2):
Non-members £42 | ARC Members £22
|Guidance & Resources with DVD:
Non-members £85 | ARC Members £45