ARC is a forward thinking National Charity with a dedication to promoting REAL CHANGE in the learning disability sector. Our members are the key to achieving this.
ARC members come in all shapes and sizes, with one common goal: commitment to supporting people with a learning disability to live inclusive, active and purposeful lives by providing high quality, person-centred services.
ARC supports learning disability providers to put REAL CHANGE into action by providing information, training, support, advice and networking opportunities.
ARC’s members include:
- Residential Care providers
- Supported Living providers
- Training organisations
- Special schools and colleges
- Providers of daytime and leisure activities
ARC’s vision is to achieve excellence through diversity of provision for people with a learning disability.
It achieves this by:
- campaigning on behalf of members and people with a learning disability
- developing research, training courses and publications
- working on projects that improve the lives of people with a learning disability and the services they receive
- promoting best practice in services
- providing information and support to members
There are many benefits of becoming a member of ARC, to find out more visit the benefits page.
- Find out more about ARC’s Members
ARC’s vision is the same across the UK but certain information such as training and legislation is different in each country.
- For more information visit the individual country ARC websites.
ARC is a member of The Learning Disability Coalition, a group of 15 learning disability organisations that have come together since 2007 to form one group and one voice.
- Find out more about the Learning Disability Coalition
ARC is also a member of the Care Providers Alliance a group of 11 care provider organisations working together since 2009 to ensure that providers are made aware of key policy initiatives and their potential impact.
- Find out more about the Care Providers Alliance.