We are excited to be collaborating with Course Beetle again to offer the Makaton for Professionals workshop.
This training is recommended for participants who need a detailed knowledge about using and applying Makaton to develop the communication skills of others. The Foundation Workshop provides a detailed introduction to Makaton and combines a practical approach with theory and technical information.
The Foundation Workshop is made up of 4 modules which on this course are delivered over 2 consecutive days in June 2017.
Thursday 15th and Friday 16th June 2017
Please note, it is essential to attend both days of training in order to gain certification
7, Cannon Street,
This popular workshop consists of a refreshing mix of practical and information giving sessions, and builds in time for participants to share experiences and network with other practitioners on the course.
The course will cover:
- Signs and symbols for Stages 1-4 and Additional of the Core Vocabulary.
- The use and purpose of Makaton
- Alternative systems of communication.
- Evidence to support sign and symbol use,
- How symbol design themes support progress in language and literacy
Costs: (including lunch, participant workbook and pocket guide to common signs)
- £150 with ARC Discount*