Association for Real Change has an information officer, who is ready to answer queries on a range of topics related to providing a service to people with a learning disability, either by phone, email or letter.
Association for Real Change provides information to members in a variety of ways, including:
- Insight; the weekly e-newsletter which gives news and information relevant to the learning disability and social care sectors, with links to current press articles. This newsletter goes straight to your inbox and is also uploaded to the member’s library of the website.
- Within Insight there are links to website pages accessible only to members these are:
- Current Consultations featuring the latest live consultations for the whole of the UK, including links to background information, documents and details of consultation events.
- Key Documents look at key policy documents, reports, papers and highlights the main points in a Briefing saving you time. This page is useful as all the documents can be downloaded so if you wanted to read the whole thing or just scan the brief you can – it is entirely up to you.
- Members’ Newsletter; emailed to members and gives details of our news, offers, services and events to keep our members up to date with what’s happening here.
- Member’s Area; a private section of the website where key documents and files are uploaded. We regularly add information and files for you to browse and archives of the Insight.
- Advice and Expertise; Members can contact the Association for Real Change offices for advice on all sorts of issues, mostly relating to the day to day tasks involved in managing services. Our Information Officer is always ready to pass on the queries which may require more specific expertise. Our senior staff have all worked both at the ‘coal face’ and in management positions, and are more than happy to lend an ear to your problem or dilemma. In some cases, you may feel that more in-depth assistance is required. We may well be able to offer a consultancy service to member organisations that require help with specific issues such as organisational strategies, training plans or staff recruitment.
For more details on the Information Service contact Nic.Crossley@arcuk.org.uk