- Update on improving processing times for DBS checks needing to go to the Metropolitan Police read more …
- DBS Eligibility Guidance Tool – The DBS have published a new eligibility tool to help you decide what roles and activities are eligible for Standard, Enhanced or Enhanced plus barring list check … eligibility tool
- NHS Employers and the DBS have teamed up to help you understand the duty to refer process and how to make a referral … DBS Duty to Refer Process
Welcome to the ARC Disclosure Service
The ARC Disclosure Service is registered with the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly Criminal Records Bureau) in England and Wales, Disclosure Scotland and Access Northern Ireland, and is one of the leading Umbrella Bodies registered to carry out a full range of checks for Disclosure and Barring Service (England), Disclosure Scotland (PVGS) and Access NI.
We support both large and small employers in the Health & Social Care Sector throughout the UK to carry out the full range of criminal record checks. If you are a small organisation or have little staff turnover, it can be daunting to register with the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB), keep up to date with the latest policies and ensure security. Larger organisations often prefer to have an experienced independent agency to take the burden from their hard pressed HR staff.
All our DBS applications are carried out on-line, it takes only a few minutes to complete, is very easy to use, speeds up the process with faster results and saves you money, as well as postage costs.
• Process unlimited volumes of DBS criminal record checks
• Fully integrated external ID validation tool for route 2 checks
• Accessible 24/7
• Greater data accuracy
• Fully hosted and supported system
• Disclosures are typically returned in days not weeks
Note: Services for Scotland remain paper-based.
- A cost effective service. No registration fee, no commitment on the number of checks, just pay for the checks you need.
- One administration charge per application covers checking the application is accurate and processed promptly to the relevant body. This will assist employers engaging staff as soon as possible.
- Model policies and forms that meet the relevant bodies Code of Practice requirements.
- Updates on procedure and dissemination of good practice on an ongoing basis.
- Support for your organisation in interpreting information to ensure the highest level of safety in engaging personnel.
- Updates on issues arising from criminal records processes.
If the above is of interest to you and …
- you employ staff or involve volunteers in roles that require criminal records checks?
- need a criminal record disclosure service that handles each request confidentially, efficiently and speedily?
- want access to expert advice and guidance on criminal record processes?
Then the Association for Real Change Disclosure Service can help.
To use the ARC Disclosure Service for carrying out checks in England and Wales we require organisations to be registered with us – Registration is FREE …
To register your organisation with the ARC Disclosure Service please complete the following 2 forms:
- one ADS Employers Registration Form v6.1 for your organisations address details and names of nominated individuals to be registered DBS checkers
- one ARC Indemnity Form v6.1 to be completed as declaration of your compliance with DBS Code of Practice ‘Management and Use of Disclosure Information’
Forward the completed forms either via email or post to firstname.lastname@example.org or Disclosure Service, Association for Real Change, 10a Marsden Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 1JY.
Once we have received the completed forms we will register your organisation and provide you with your login details and step-by-step guidance notes, usually within an hour (during business hours) of receipt.
If you would like enquire about our services, please contact us at our Central Office in Chesterfield, Derbyshire on our direct telephone number 01246 541660 or email: email@example.com
England and Wales Fees
DBS Disclosure Application Fees:
- Enhanced Disclosure Check – £44.00
- Standard Disclosure Check – £26.00
- DBS Adult First – £6.00
ARC Administration Charges (per application):
- ARC Members: All Disclosures – on-line applications – £10.00
- Registered Users: All Disclosures – on-line applications – £12.00
- DBS Adult First check – £4.00
- External ID validation check – £10